24th May 2019
Information we collect from you and why?
Here are the categories of personal information that we may collect about you and the reasons for it.
Information that you provide voluntarily:
Registration information when you create a DROP N Eat account so we can:
– Create your account so you can place orders under our Terms & Conditions. This will include your full name, address, telephone number, email address and the password that you use to create your account.
– Identify you when you sign-in to your account.
– Contact you for your views on our Services and notify you of changes or updates to our Services.
Transaction Information when you place an order so we can:
– Process your order and to bill you (NB DROP N Eat never store your credit card information in our systems. Payment operations are outsourced to our payment processors)
– Communicate your orders to a restaurant where applicable.
– Send you status updates on your order via email or SMS or we may contact you by phone regarding your order.
– Reply to your order queries and questions and to resolve problems.
– Carry out analysis and research using your feedback to develop and improve our service. Also if you contact our customer support team we may keep a record of your conversation for quality and training purposes and to aid in the resolution of your queries.
– Protect you and the service by seeking to detect and prevent fraud or other acts in breach of our terms and conditions or policies relevant to the service.
– Provide some restaurants on our platform information who use other delivery companies or deliver themselves. They may use your information to provide you with status updates on the delivery of your order.
– When you pay for your Order with a mobile payment or digital wallet service provider (such as Apple Pay) send you transaction information via confirmation emails or SMS to the email address or phone number registered with that service provider (since this is required by those providers).
Information regarding your marketing preferences so we can:
– Send you marketing and app notifications about our products or services.
– Publish reviews you submit to us about our restaurants and services.
– Conduct analysis and research to improve and develop our Services.
Information that we collect automatically:
When you access our services, we may collect certain activity information automatically from your device such as your IP address, MAC address or device ID. In some countries, including in Europe, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Activity Information so we can:
– Provide you with an improved customer experience.
– Give you access to your order history and preferences.
– Provide other services at your request.
– Provide our location services if you choose to share your geo-location.
– DROP N Eat may market to you, where permitted by law, by post, email, telephone, mobile (i.e. SMS, in-app messaging and push notification) about our products or services.
Who we share personal information with?
We may share your personal information with the following recipients (and whenever we do, we will ensure that we have appropriate security and contractual safeguards in place to protect it):
– Restaurants that you have placed an order with for processing and delivery
– Any law enforcement or regulatory body, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary under applicable law or regulations;
– New owners or re-organised entities in the event of a business restructuring, sale, purchase or joint venture affecting our business.
– Any other person provided that you have given your consent. We will never sell, distribute or otherwise share your personal information unless we have your permission.
– If you don’t want us to use your personal information in this way or generally change your mind about receiving any form of marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive or by emailing email@example.com If you choose to unsubscribe from our marketing, we will keep a record of your preferences so that we don’t bother you with unwanted marketing in future.
Legal basis for processing personal information
DROP N Eat will always make sure we have a legal basis to collect and use your personal information. The legal basis we rely on will change depending on the type of information and the context in which we collect it.
Our main reason for collecting and using your personal information is to perform our contract with you (i.e. to make sure you get your order when and where you want it), but we may also process it where it is in our legitimate business interests to do so. But only if our interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or your fundamental legal rights and freedoms.
In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you (e.g. in the event of legal proceedings) or we might need to process it or share it with others to “protect your vital interests” or those of another person (e.g. in a case where another person’s life is in danger).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (and we’ll also explain the possible consequences of you not providing it).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
DROP N Eat place great importance on protecting your information from and against unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We implement appropriate technical and security measures to safeguard such information.
The security measures we use are designed to provide a level of protection security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone and to use a unique password for our Services. We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions entered into using your name and password.
Whenever we retain your information we will do so in compliance with applicable laws.
DROP N Eat will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
At DROP N Eat we respect your privacy and data protection rights. Below is a summary of your rights in respect of the personal information of yours which DROP N Eat handle.
You can access your account at any time to review and update your personal information. You can also contact us to ask us to delete your personal information, restrict its processing or request that it be ported to a third party. This can be done by emailing email@example.com.
You also have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications we send you at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing this consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Links to third-party sites
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites (for example, those of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates). If you follow these links, please be aware that DROP N Eat not responsible or liable for these third-party websites which will have their own privacy policies.
From time to time, we may receive personal information from third party sources, including advertising networks but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent to process the information or are otherwise legally permitted or required to share your personal information with us. This information may include your likely demographic group.
How to contact us